With a user base this large, it is shocking how few growing businesses take advantage of this platform. It does not matter whether you have made an account and never used it or have not tried it out yet, now is the time to start using Instagram. Remember, your account is only as good as your engagement. In order to enact a successful social media marketing strategy, you need to craft an intriguing and unique profile. Here are five ways you can build an interesting Instagram account and boost your follower count in no time.
1. Build A Social Media Marketing Strategy The first step to building a better Instagram profile is to have a plan. Instagram marketing teams will need to have two types of strategies in place: overall strategy and strategy for singular campaigns.
No matter the type of strategy you are creating, you will need to be able to answer these question in order to be successful:
What are your goals?
How often and when will you post?
What kind of photos will you use?
What hashtags fit with these photos?
How can you reach out to and engage with influencers?
2. Craft Your Instagram Profile Before you post any pictures on Instagram, you need to make sure you have a strong base. This base is your profile. Use your company’s names for your username and account name. Next, you will want to add a profile picture. Use your company’s logo or an image that is associated with your business. Then, fill out your bio and include a link to your website. In your bio, explain what your business does, what they offer, and a way for people to contact you. Be clear and concise.
3. Use High Resolution Pictures When you post photos, only share high resolution pictures. People are drawn in by attractive, high quality photos and are more likely to engage with them and your business. Engagement is crucial for Instagram marketing. Increased engagement turns into increased sales. So, by posting high resolution photos, you are not only making your profile look more interesting, but you are increasing sales as well.
4. Post About Promotions and Discounts One of the big reasons why people follow businesses on Instagram is to learn more about upcoming sales and promotions. Some businesses post exclusive deals just for their Instagram followers. When your followers get a deal, they tell their friends about the deal, thus boosting interest in your profile.
5. Host Contests and Giveaways Another great way to gain followers and interest in your brand is by hosting a contest or free giveaway. These promotional events generate great buzz and word of mouth for your brand, plus they draw new people to your Instagram account. Keep your contest or giveaway guidelines simple and brand-related. Require people to be following you to enter the contest. Also, ask them to use a specific hashtag in their post. This will let you see all the entries and track the progress of your campaign.
Let Siren Song Marketing Group help you with your social media marketing efforts or if you need to start from the beginning Siren Song can set up all your accounts for you. It's that simple!